Monday, December 10, 2012

holiday challenge: let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

Second day of the holiday challenge is one of my favorite - Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow.  I immediately knew the general direction I wanted to go with the paint job as soon as the challenge was released.
For me, snow is white, pearl, and light blue.  I did have a moment or two were the idea of yellow snow crossed my mind.  But then Ron Bergandy reminded me to 'You stay classy".
Each and every nail is different.  It took a lot of planning.  Maybe it did just because I am a bit of a dork.
 
There are basically three styles of nails, just mix and match the stamping plates, color and glitter.  The first nail I thought of was the clear squished glitter.  This is the super lazy and easy way to do a loose glitter paint job.  Simply paint the base color one or two times (depends on the thickness of the polish) then press your nail into the pot/container of glitter.  This can get messy with fine glitter because it sticks to the rest of the finger that touches the glitter as well.  Just wait until the base polish is dry, paint your top coat.  Wait again until it is totally dry.  Then wash your hands and all the loose glitter will come off.
I went through my stamping plates and found designs that would work.  An asterisk (*), a dotty asterisk (I think it is supposed to be alien slime because of the rest of the designs on the plate) and a small polka-dot design.
Simply mix and match the different polishes I went with, and voila - 6 different nails that all work together.
The easiest nail was the one with the glitter polish top coat.  
Overall, it is going to be one of the most subtle paint jobs of this holiday challenge.
It is also nice to do a paint job during the month that is more about winter (at least my interpretation of this theme) than about the holidays this month.


Sally Hansen - White On, Celeb City, Air
Essie - Room with a View
Wet&Wild - Hallucination
Sinful Colors - Tokyo Pearl, Cinderella
stamping plate - Cheecky CH12, CH6, CH46

Check out these other great Let It Snow paint jobs:


5 comments:

  1. I love the delicate colours you've used :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So lovely! I just discovered your blog and I follow you! If you want you can visit my blog pinkturtlenails.blogspot.com and if you like what you see, follow me!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty but still very subtle. I love it! x

    ReplyDelete